Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sister Parrish Style

The following statement is exactly how I, too, approach design.  However, I AM dangerous with a scale...as I did originally study architecture and technical drafting! 



"It is only my eye that has helped me. I am still hopeless with that thing called a scale ruler. I love color, but that comes very naturally to me. From the beginning, I never followed trends. If I was aware of them, I didn't care, for I believed as I do now, that rooms should be timeless and very personal. I don't set out to achieve a particular style. And I certainly don't have a 'look' -- just a mishmash of everything that somehow, by instinct, usually turns out to be a warm imaginative, 'living room'."


Sister Parish
 
 
 
Visit the website of Sister Parrish Design here: http://www.sisterparishdesign.com/index2.php
 
 
I transitioned from designing and engineering windows to dressing them!  I much prefer the creative (yet still quite technical) side to the strictly technical side!

No comments:

Post a Comment