Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Extreme Makeover Home Edition

So a few weeks ago I received a phone call from an industry professional asking me if I'd like to manage the window treatments for an Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (yes, the show on abc) build in Cleveland OH...Of course I said "Sure!" without even realizing what I was getting myself into.  Tomorrow morning is "door knock" day when they surprise the lucky family.  There were some issues, glitches if you will, with sourcing items needed for the windows and the soft goods for this particular build.  But awesome companies that I have connected with have stepped up and offered donations to help out the design team and ultimately the family.  Once the build is finished I can be more specific, but so far we have sourced decorative fabrics from 3 different vendors (some even very high end), decorative hardware from 3 different vendors, 2 full bolts of lining and Kirsch hardware from a very gracious supplier, and we're hoping to find some pillow forms...the last item that we will need....unless plans change, and I hear that happens quite often.  I do have help with managing and I am grateful for that!  The official week hasn't even begun and this has already consumed 2 full days of my life, plus some restless nights filled with anticipation.  Phew!  I like it...bring it on!
...more to come, but you'll have to wait until the show airs for the specifics and photos!  Episode number 9 for this season!  Tune in...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how exciting! Be sure to remind us closer to when the show airs. I want to Tivo it! :-)

    ReplyDelete