Saturday, June 13, 2009

Budget Friendly Decorating

With budgets for decorating being fairly tight these days, I have found that it is economical to revamp sturdy existing furniture. It usually only takes a few yards of fresh new fabric to completely update and revive a space. See my example of a dining room chair.








This is what the chair looked like before. Stained and boring in an ivory twill fabric








And now here is the chair after I ripped it apart and reupholstered it with fresh updated fabrics.











I chose to highlight the open back with a trendy animal print in brown tones and to keep the chair seat and front of the chair back solid in a neutral camel color. Notice the welt cord is also done in the animal print for contrast.

1 comment:

  1. I love it, love it, love it! You are very good at what you do!!

    ReplyDelete